Berteni "Toto" Cataluña Causing: A legal mistake only a few lawyers know?

Berteni "Toto" Cataluña Causing: A legal mistake only a few lawyers know?: A legal mistake only a few lawyers know? By BERTENI "TOTO" CATALUÑA CAUSING Author of the book entitled "Simplified Libel Law in the Phili...

CERTIORARI NOT CORRECT VS CYBER LIBEL

A legal mistake only a few lawyers know?


By BERTENI "TOTO" CATALUÑA CAUSINGAuthor of the book entitled "Simplified Libel Law in the Philippines"
THIS IS FOR ALL LAW STUDENTS, BAR REVIEWEES, FELLOW LAWYERS.

I am compelled to write this to stop an elementary mistake from creeping into the minds of the laymen, the law students, bar reviewees and fellow lawyers.

Also, I am appalled although I came from a not-so-well regarded law school, the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila College of Law.

I am just appalled to see professors of supposed to be the best school of law in the Philippines who are well-known as public-interest advocates commit a mistake on a simple matter about a petition involving special civil actions.

In my petition seeking to shoot down "Cyber Libel," "unsolicited advertisement" and the provision of Section 6 of RA 10175 that upgrades by one degree the imprisonment for any crime under Revised Penal Code and special penal laws if committed with the use of the Internet, I EMPLOYED THE SPECIAL CIVIL ACTION OF PROHIBITION UNDER RULE 65 of the Rules of Court.  So that the petition I filed with the Supreme Court was "PETITION FOR PROHIBITION."

I was the first to file the petition among the five (5) who have already filed thus far. I filed it on September 24, 2012 at 3:39 p.m.


READ FURTHER:  http://totocausing.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-legal-mistake-only-few-lawyers-know.html

Comments