ALAM pities 2-yr old boy who died just because of ‘pigsa’
ALAM pities 2-yr old boy who died
just because of ‘pigsa’
It is revolting to conscience to note that a single boil (pigsa) has killed a two-year-old boy confined at the Pasay City General Hospital (PCGH).
The sketchy news of the untimely death of Stanford Elpidez Martin persuaded Alab ng Mamamahayag (ALAM) chairman Jerry S. Yap, ALAM president Berteni “Toto” Cataluña Causing, ALAM secretary general Edwin R. Alcala to the wake of the boy at 1015 Villamor Airbase, Pasay City.
ALAM president Causing, a lawyer, examined the facts surrounding the death of this boy whose picture in the coffin depicted the boy with the look of a very innocent child.
The immediate impression of ALAM chairman Yap is that Stanford is a victim of medical malpractice, the lack of CT scan equipment, and the seemingly incompetence overall of the administration of the city hospital.
“Imagine, pigsa lang, mamamatay ang bata? Bakit?” murmured Yap.
I suspect the anti-biotic given intravenously to Stanford was not appropriate for his age. It is likely a case of overdose of the medicine that normally kills the life of bacteria. This time, it killed the life of this boy,” Causing stressed.
ALAM chairman Yap echoed the logical belief of Causing while they talked to Bienvenido and Jennifer, father and mother of Stanford.
“It is improbable to say that two-year-old Stanford confined in the care of medical experts died because of a single boil on his head,” Yap said while expressing his condolences to the grieving family of Stanford.
Being likely convinced that the doctors and medical attendants have ill-performed their duties, ALAM officials promised legal assistance to the Martin family.
Stanford was brought to PCGH on March 19, 2012 due to aching boil on his forehead. But on the 10th day, or on March 29, of his confinement at the hospital, he was declared dead.
According to the findings of Dr. Venedict Lawrence Castillo, Stanford died because of Multi-Organ failure, or his internal organs collapsed. It was, however, not explained why his organs collapsed.
It is improbable to say that Stanford’s organs collapsed because of a boil on his head.
While confined at the PCGH, the hospital that residents called as the “Patay Gen”, Stanford’s parents sought medicine assistance from Congresswoman Emi Calixto-Rubiano.
But the expected help from Rep. Calixto-Rubiano did not reach Stanford on time because of too many requirements assigned by her office.
“Anhin pa ang damo kung patay na ang kabayo? The many requirements that Congresswoman Calixto-Rubiano required caused the delay in the delivery of the needed medicines.
Death overtook the free medicines of Rep. Calixto-Rubiano because the loved ones of Stanford had to process first the series of requirement, like the original copy of barangay clearance, photocopy of identification card of the requesting person, xerox copy of the medical abstract/medical certificate, xerox copy of doctors’ request or “reseta,” and a personal letter of the requesting person addressed to Congw. Emi Calixto-Rubiano.
“This is plain and simple politics at its worst. The congresswoman wanted that everybody coming for medicine assistance must vote for her, forgetting that she is the congresswoman of all Pasay residents, including those who did not vote for her,” Causing stressed.
Yap butted in that the free medical assistance of politicians should be placed at the hospitals for disposition in the soonest possible time for the less fortunate residents.